Remember when you were little and you would sneak into your mother’s make-up and be so proud of your red cheeks and redder lips? And why was your mother so upset you had used it to get all pretty?
Now you are past that stage but make-up can be frustrating because it takes time to find the right brush or make-up item when needed, especially when we are in a hurry getting ready for work, party or just getting ready for the day.
As a professional home and office organizer I know it is important to be able to save time and eliminate frustration when we are in a hurry. Here are easy ideas on how to organize make-up so it will save time and eliminate frustration.
1. Get all make-up together from all the places it is stashed. If you have make-up you never use or doesn’t look good on you, GET RID OF IT. If you have kept empty containers, toss. Do not clutter your drawers or containers with things you do not use or have no intention of using. If in doubt, throw out.
2. Separate by like items, brushes, eye make up, foundation, blush, and lipstick. Separate make-up from skin care products.
3. Assemble containers you have in your home (baskets, mugs, flower pots etc.) or buy matching containers; these are to put your make-up in.
4. Now start placing all like items together in different containers. All brushes together, foundation in another container, eye shadows in another container; until all make-up is separated, easy to see and convenient to reach and ready to apply.
5. This method works for both counter tops and drawers. If you have drawers measure them by width and length and then purchase containers to fit the drawers to maximize space.
Voila, you have an organized work space to apply your make-up which will eliminate frustration and save you time.
A video on how to organize make-up will be here next week.