Presentation is everything—at least it goes a long way on making a lasting impression. It can be such a pain to wrap a gift to give if the paper, ribbon, tape and scissors aren’t handy. As a professional organizer working in people’s homes I love to organize gift wrapping supplies because it is so easy and it makes a difference.
• Designate a place for wrapping paper. Separate Christmas from every day. Put Christmas with Christmas decorations. If you have a lot of wrapping paper it can be contained in large sturdy bags, such as 50 lb bags that bird seed comes in. Containers don’t have to be fancy.
• Long rolls of paper, ribbon, a pair of scissors and tape can be kept in under the bed containers that have rollers. It is easy to roll out from under the bed and with everything right there start wrapping.
• A hanging laundry bag works well for rolls of paper. Some have a pocket on the outside that can hold the tape and scissors.
• Bags and small rolls of paper or the folded sheets of paper can be stored in drawers.
• Bags of all sizes can be hung on a hanger and placed in the closet on the rod.
• An armoire can have hooks and curtain rods attached on the doors for ribbon and rolls of paper. In the drawer can be kept other wrapping items.
• There are plastic containers with lids sold specifically to hold wrapping paper. If you have a drawer where you always have tape and scissors the paper and ribbons can be stored separately as they will still be handy and convenient to get to and that is the whole point.
Do you have any tips you have used to store wrapping paper and made gift wrapping easier? Please feel free to share.