When I say Wizard of Oz what comes to your mind? I think of Dorothy’s ruby red shoes. Judy Garland wore 6 different ruby red shoes during the filming and one pair is on display at the Modern History Museum in Washington D.C. I get a little thrill every time I see them.
As a professional organizer women say to me “I wish I loved to organize clutter”. Just like Dorothy who longed for a place where there isn’t any trouble we can have homes where there isn’t clutter. Let’s start with our shoes.
Let’s organize the clutter in our closets by considering these options:
1. In the bottom of your closet if you have floor space a wooden, moveable rack is a great organizer. IKEA has a two shelf rack that is ideal.
2. Hang a multi-pocket shoe organizer over the back of a closet door.
3. If you have room on your closet rod use a vertical shoe organizer. It hooks over the rod, it doesn’t work on the back of a door.
4. When you absolutely have no closet space a rolling under-the-bed organizer could be used. I don’t recommend this as it is cumbersome to get to and the more inconvenient something is to use the more likely it won’t be used and shoes won’t be put away but will be left scattered on the floor.
5. Stacking racks sit on the floor and some hold up to 30 pairs of shoes. Shoes are easy to reach and to put back on the rack.
Organizing shoe clutter is almost as easy as it was for Dorothy who clicked the heels of her ruby red shoes to make her wish come true. If your wish is to organize clutter in your closet as a professional organizer I recommend starting with the floor first where your shoes rest at the end of the day.
What’s your favorite way to organize clutter in your shoe closet? I have used both of the organizers show here and they both work great! they are sturdy and fit the space just right.