Monday’s De-cluttering Your Home Focus:
Back in medieval times map makers would put dragons on the maps when it was dangerous to travel that way. Those reading the maps would detour around these areas.
What are your dragons when it comes to getting organized? Do you have different dragons that stops you from getting rid of clutter or de-cluttering your home?
Do you hang on to beliefs like these…
• I can’t let go of anything because I might need it someday
• I am saving this for my children
• I don’t know where to start
• I’ve lived with it this long why get rid of it now
• If I organize I will never be able to find it again
• If I get rid of anything I will be throwing away my memories
• I don’t have time
• I don’t know where to put things
What are your dragons for not getting rid of clutter or for not decluttering your home? We all have different ones. What are yours? Do you like your dragons or do you want to get rid of them? When we face our dragons it is easier to let go and to declutter. Often the clutter is worse than any story we have made up about why we are keeping it.